Behind-the-Ear hearing aids have the most circuitry options and typically have more power than any of the custom-made, in-the-ear versions. BTEs rest on the back of your ear, and are connected via a custom made ear mold. They are suitable for a wide variety of hearing losses, from mild to severe or profound.
Different from BTEs, RICs use tiny casings and a nearly invisible, slim tube. RICs offer a cosmetically appealing option and allows for a more natural sound. They are light weight with a transparent dome that makes them less noticeable than the regular BTEs with custom ear molds.
In-the-Ear hearing aids are more visible but are the easiest to handle of the custom-made aids. They are made to fit the shape of your ear for maximum benefit and the best possible comfort. These also suit a wide range of hearing losses.
In-the-Canal hearing aids are slightly less visible than ITEs. ITCs require good dexterity to control the volume and other controls on the faceplate.
Completely-in-canal hearing aids are one of the more cosmetically appealing custom-made aids. CICs are small and fit deeply, but comfortably, in the ear canal.
Digital Technology offers the following advantages:
- Automatically adjusts to sounds in your environment
- Best for speech understanding in various listening situations
- Can be fine-tuned in our office
- Digital Processing of sound
- Wireless Bluetooth Connection with cellular telephones
- Emphasizes speech sounds and cuts down on background noise
- Variety of sizes
What are the benefits?
- Alertness and awareness for your personal safety
- Better memory skills and a greater ability to learn new tasks
- Fewer instances of confusion and disorientation
- Increased ability to concentrate and multitask
- Increased earning power and more control over their lives
For your convenience, Advanced Professional Hearing Aid Services, Inc. and Mid-Valley Hearing Center are located in Charleston and Hurricane.
Find the location nearest you, and call to schedule your consultation with our audiological experts today!